What are the benefits of art therapy?
- Art can express what cannot be put into words.
- The process can help make unconscious material conscious.
- Making art can help with emotional self-regulation.
- Your artwork may reveal to you themes or patterns in your life.
- Art can help with processing trauma that has been encoded in implicit, sensory memories that are less accessible through language.
- You may gain a new perspective from looking at and reflecting on your artwork.
- Using art materials is a sensory experience that engages the whole body.
- Making art can be relaxing, pleasurable and fun!